Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Game #2 & #3 – San Diego

We headed down to lovely San Diego to play for a different crowd and yet again the stands were packed! La Jolla was a fun game, we played well leading by 3ish at halftime, but let them back into it allowing a crazy 5m to be called with no time left on the clock. They scored the 5m and we lost, but with the confidence that we had improved our play and would be more prepared for Coronado. Thanks to the Koree/Blyleven crew, Uncle Peter & Carol for coming out to the game!

Coronado proved to be another great crowd and a great game as well. That night cousin Steph & Uncle Peter showed up again, representing the Schnugg familia. Katie Hansen and Koree decorated SUPER signs for both Al (Alison Gregorka) and I. I think mine was better…my name was bigger…..besides seeing three awesome friends and having a very enthusiastic crowd, we kicked butt in the pool winning 12-6, which doesn’t happen too often in international water polo.

Overall it was a great trip to San Diego and brought back memories of Fury soccer days at Surf Cup watching the hot air balloons flying around. We actually stayed in a hotel across the freeway from the polo fields that hosted Surf Cup. It is absolutely amazing to think that I was there at age 10 thinking it was the biggest tournament of my life and now I have returned on my way to the Olympics!

No comments: