Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

On Thursday we played game 1 of 4 against the Australians in preparation for Beijing. There was a carnival on the base equipped with a Titanic slide, New York City bounce house, Sausage Masters stand and the overly buttery popcorn vender (of course the mixed smells of sausages and popcorn made the game EXTRA interesting especially for my very sick roommate/teammate, Alison). We ended up with a win by the end of the night 13-12 and fireworks on the base to congratulate our win! (I like to think they were for us, but I think it was due to the 4th of July holiday.) I wonder what the Australians thought about our nation's birthday celebration...All I know is that one of the coaches has been walking around deck with a 4th of July T-Shirt on...I think we've converted even the foreigners!

No comments: