Thursday, August 14, 2008

Clarissa & Marco



A little team tradition (or my tradition that I forced upon the team) .....

On my first trip in the summer of 2006 (we circumnavigated the world…Hungary, Italy, China) I created Clarissa….I was the alternate for the World Cup in Tianjin, China and I didn’t have much to do and still wanted to do what I could for the team. So I pondered for HOURS upon HOURS about what I could do for them and then it hit me…ok so this is not actually how it happened, really I had crayons and paper and thought I could be of use by making a paper person so that we could easily see the outfits we were wearing day to day. Describing the red T-shirt with stars verses the red T-shirt with stars and stripes, gets a little silly.

So I created a paper girl with outfits that m

atched our own and since then, the tradition has continued. Olympic Clarissa is extra fancy with her own closet full of gear AND lamination, key to the reusability of tape for her clothing. Recently, an addition has been made so that Clarissa could have a friend…and Marco was born. Kyle has really taken a liking to Mr. Marco, who was made for the coaches in the Canary Islands (from lunch conversations, it was known that they needed some help).


Here we have Clarissa and Marco ready for their first game!

1 comment:

Mamita said...

I am rereading this giggling at how you come up with this stuff! Could Flat Stanley have been your inspiration? Then came Flat Carlos? They are very dashing in their outfits and it appears they have done their job well since you all show up looking fab in your uniforms! Very important to be looking sharp and ready for the game, eh?!