Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Home Finally

After a long travel day, we finally made it back to Seal Beach! Neighbor Erik came to pick us up and even had a DELICIOUS carrot cake waiting for us with Neighbor Paul. It felt so good to walk into our little apartment, that smelled like the beach (ish) and felt so comfortable. I went to bed around 1 and woke up at 6 wooooooo! Yay, I love coming home from weird time zones....I don't have anything that I have to do, so I guess it doesn't matter.

So I know you're all curious what happens post-competition. Athletes go crazy! After years of anticipation and preparation, we all needed to decompress. There was excitement at the beginning to start competing and a different excitement at the end to meet other athletes, go to different venues, and celebrate with your team.

The three days we had to be in Beijing after the final were an important part of the Olympics for me. I loved being able to chill and take in everything from the previous weeks. Of course the fun continued at night... The USA house was the meeting place with free drinks and different medalists celebrating every night. From there we walked to the bar street...right at Hooters, to get to Shooters....with those directions we somehow found our way. There were lots of bars, dancing at the China Doll and people from all over the world gathering in the streets meeting each other and making the world just that much smaller. As much time as we spent wandering throughout Beijing (day and night), I still am confused by that humongous city.

Oh and some of you fans may be interested to know that some of my teammates and I became VIP (not that we aren't already, the Chinese just didn't know) because we were chillin with Ronaldinho and teammates. Just a few of the cool people we met in China throughout the trip!

Coming soon:
*LOOK OUT FOR PICS THAT I COULDN'T POST DURING.....The Olympics revealed!
*Oprah brings us to the show
*Going to the White House

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jess,I am a fan of you from Greece .I watched all your games in the olympics except for the first.Congratulations for your efforts and the several goals you scored.The silver medal you won in such a high level of competition is a great success.Your blog is wonderful with great photos and details.I'm looking forward to seeing the new photos from Beijing.

Mamita said...

Woohoo!!! Oprah? You have arrived, baby! Can I come???

Ward fam said...

Time out...did you say OPRAH? OK, that's out of control. What's the scoop? I need to know! Do ya think she would mind if your favorite aunt came along? Ha Ha Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Welcome Home, Jess!
Lib